Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pss 600 Amplifier, Some questions for Yuri D. GUTSATZ
Guest_releu_*
post 30-Dec-2007, 09:20 PM
Post #1

Guests

Hello,

I am from Roumanian and I have test with a friend performance audio amplifier PSS 600 respecting when else rigorous the conditions of project amplifier (I took toward exemplified the scheme from series 9B). The amplifier i was suplly to +/-57Vcc. In this intention I emulated theoretical and made practical the audio amplifier. Theoretical result rings presented hereinafter where noticed as the factor of harmonic distortions is of 0,499% to maximal power. Why this real factor of distortions (THD) don't presented here:
http://www.pssaudio.com/indexuk.php?rubriq...diopro#niveau01
What presented YURI D. GUTSATZ here are what takes suited his as the e better but the performance audio amplifier are away from truth ??? Ace want an answer mister YURI D. GUTSATZ ???
Still an example: How you have been calculated SNR unweighted weighted = 111 dB/115 dB ??? The test me an approximate result 95dB.
Wherefore say as can the amplifier power is 2 x 300W ??? Isn't true, of hardly if is touched 200W an in 4 Ohmi load. Why don't say the truth about the amplifiers you ???
Forget hereinafter and output simulations:
Attached Image

I want to get his an earnest chat on this theme with you. If you want iinvite it and on my friend, one among most good designers of audio system, a master... very probable from whole world.

He will ask for the saddle answer to my perplexities of excelsior.
And he will ask for excuses the my english language.

A new happy year to all world.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Yuri GUTSATZ
post 30-Dec-2007, 10:40 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 93

Good evening European time,

I definitely wonder why you waste your time with such a bad schematic while you can ask your friend, perhaps the greatest audio designer in the world, to share one of his diagrams ?

I don't use simulators as it is a waste of time. No simulator can ever achieve a good amplifier. If ever it may happen, world would knew it the next second.

Buy a PSS 600 9D MKIII for 290 Euro plus local taxes . Load the amplifier with 4 ohm loads, link its output to an oscilloscope, an electronic voltmeter and a distortion meter and do not forget a good sinus generator calibrated at 1000 Hz to measure the output power.

I hope you know what those apparatus are and how to use them too?

First of all, check that you have 230V on the mains.

I remind you the formula to measure the output power: Power = U²/R.

As the PSS 600 delivers 35 V (U) when loaded with a 4 ohm load ®, its output power is:

(35x35):4 = 306 watts!

Elementary my dear Watson.

This is the ONLY way one can measure the output power of an amplifier, its distortion and signal to noise ratio and whatever you want!

People using software just make me smile if not more than smiling!

Let me wish you a very happy new year and just follow my advice:

Stop using a simulator; it is a real pain on the neck

Nota Bene :
About the SN ratio, let me remind you that the PSS 600 9B have a 33 db or so gain and the PSS 600 9D only 26 db! In such a case you increase the SN of 7 db ... this is practice, not theory ...

--------------------
Yuri D. GUTSATZ
PSS AUDIO creator
créateur de PSS AUDIO

+Quote Post
Yuri GUTSATZ
post 30-Dec-2007, 11:10 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 93

I remind you that PSS 600 model don't exist in the 9B series, only in the 9C one!

In such a case a PSS 500 9B delivers 250 Watts with a 4 ohm load.

I just had a look to the values you placed on the diagram, there are several mistakes, R5 is not a 1,8K resistor but a 680 ohm.

This will cause a noticeable distortion and a non symmetric waveform!

In such a case how can you say that the PSS 600 do not meet 300 Watts under 4 ohms.

What are those BC 640 you place in the input stage as it has nothing to do with a BC 490 ...

The output load is 4 ohm and not 4,7 ohm as written on your diagram ...

R3 is not a 1,8K (3,3k in real life), R4 is not a 22 k (27k for a PSS 500 in real life)!

D1 is not an 1N4148.

V in is set at 0 db on a PSS 9B, not at 1,8 V.

And so on ...

I am in real life not on second life!

As you use several email addresses to fool the registration, I asked the webmaster to delete your account.

--------------------
Yuri D. GUTSATZ
PSS AUDIO creator
créateur de PSS AUDIO

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 07:25 AM